Barbeque Chicken Pizza
This recipe for traditional BBQ chicken pizza includes chicken, red onion, and tangy barbeque sauce. which creates enough for two person 12-inch pizzas.
Prep time: 20-25 min
Serve for: 2-3
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound prepared pizza dough at room temperature
- 1/3 cup High On Chicken barbecue sauce
- 1 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Kosher salt
- ground pepper
- 2/3 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- 2/3 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro for topping
- 1 cup of heated water (110°F/45°C)
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp of white sugar
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit/ 230 degrees C.
- Grease a pizza pan sparingly.
- Add yeast and sugar to a dish of warm water. Ten minutes or so after mixing, let stand until creamy.
- When adding flour, oil, and salt, beat the yeast mixture until it is smooth. This can be done by hand or more efficiently with a stand mixer with a dough hook. Let stand for five minutes.
- Set up racks in the center and upper third of the oven.
- A pizza stone or an upside-down baking sheet should be placed on the top rack while the oven is preheated to 425 degrees F for at least 30 minutes.
- A sheet of parchment paper should be spread out and oiled.
- Transfer the dough ball to the parchment, then roll it into a 10-inch circle, stretching it as necessary with your hands.
- The dough should be lightly oiled, covered with a second piece of parchment, and left to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl as the dough rises.
- After seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper and brush it with the High On Chicken barbecue sauce mixture on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes on the middle oven rack or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes after allowing to cool.
- The remaining 1/3 cup of High On Chicken barbecue sauce should be distributed over the dough, leaving a 3/4-inch border.
- Add chicken, gouda, mozzarella, and red onion on top.
- The pizza should be baked for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is brown.
- Slide the pizza onto a pizza peel or another inverted baking sheet before sliding it onto the hot stone or baking sheet.
- Put some cilantro on top.
- Serve it hot.
Occasions when you can make BBQ chicken pizza
Pizza with barbecued chicken is best served whenever you’re in the mood for a tasty meal. Everyone in your family will enjoy this dinner, and it’s simple enough that even young children may assist with the preparation.
Barbecued chicken pizza is a fantastic option for lunch or dinner. Although it can be served as an entrée, it’s frequently large enough to serve as an appetizer with some french fries, chips, and barbeque chicken recipe. It’s a terrific choice for a laid-back weekend dinner with friends or family.
The bbq chicken pizza and barbeque chicken recipe is perfect when it’s hot outside, and you want something good to eat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What ingredients are in BBQ chicken pizza?
Homemade pizza crust with the best High On Chicken barbeque sauce, mozzarella, chicken, red onions, and cilantro.
- Who created the pizza with BBQ chicken?
After extensive study, it was discovered that Ed LaDou, a renowned pizza cook, invented the BBQ chicken Pizza in the 1980s for California Pizza Kitchen’s menu. LaDou was employed by Wolfgang Puck, an already well-known chef, as a pizza chef at the Spago restaurant in Los Angeles, California.
- Can I use other types of meat besides chicken on pizza?
Yes. You can use beef, pork, or even tofu to make a delicious pizza. Just remember that the flavor and texture vary depending on what you choose.
- Can I use other types of cheese on pizza?
Yes. You can use mozzarella or provolone for a classic pizza, but you can also try something different, like Swiss or cheddar. Just make sure that you add enough to cover up all the toppings so that they don’t show through when cooked.