Creamy peri-peri chicken pasta recipe
This creamy peri-peri pasta is a mixture of three delicious components – the spicy Peri-Peri sauce, the juicy chicken pieces, and the creamy sauce. Its richness in flavor and taste makes it a heartwarming treat for pasta lovers. The Peri-Peri sauce we used in this recipe is the High on Chicken peri-peri sauce. The High on Chicken peri-peri sauce is made using traditional methods from the finest African birds eye chili, also known as peri-peri or piri-piri chili, mixed with garlic and lemon.
Ingredients for the dish
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of Butter
- Boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- Red and white onions
- Bell peppers
- 1 or 2 Garlic Cloves
- High on Chicken peri-peri sauce
- Pasta ·
- 300ml Double Cream
- One tablespoon of Lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Oregano flakes
- Chili flakes
- Basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese
Recipe of Creamy peri-peri chicken pasta
- Marinating the chicken
- Cut the chicken breast/thighs into small, bite-sized pieces and keep them aside.
- Add two tablespoons High on Chicken peri-peri sauce, one tablespoon lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix all these.
- Add chicken pieces to the bowl and start mixing them.
- Put this mixture in the side and let it marinate for half an hour.
- Making the sauce
- Place the tomatoes, Red onions, Red Bell peppers and garlic cloves on a baking sheet.
- Spray some olive oil on it and sprinkle a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Please put this in the oven and bake it for some time until it gets soft.
- When it starts to caramelize, take it out and put these in a blender and blend it into a thick creamy paste.
- Boiling the pasta
- Fill a pot with clean water and then heat it.
- Add the pasta of your choice and let it boil for some time.
- After it is cooked, strain the pasta on a separate utensil and keep it aside.
- Cooking the marinated chicken pieces
- Heat a pan and stir the marinated chicken pieces on it until they turn brown and keep them aside in a bowl.
- Making the Pasta
- Now take and heat a frying pan and add olive oil and butter.
- Now chop the white onion and fry it in the pan until it turns golden.
- Now cut the spinach leaves into small parts and add them to the frying pan.
- After it gets cooked a bit, add the sauce we made earlier.
- Cook the sauce for a while, then add the cooked chicken pieces and mix them.
- Add a tablespoon of the High on Chicken peri-peri sauce to add extra flavor. You can use the High on Chicken fiery hot sauce in this step to make it spicy.
- Pour some double cream and stir it.
- Now you can add the pasta to the sauce and mix it all together.
- Cook this mixture for a while.
- Turn off the flame and take this pasta out on a plate.
- Garnish it with some oregano, chili flakes, and basil leaves.
- Grate and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on it.
- Your creamy peri-peri chicken pasta is ready to be served and devoured.
Is it essential to use boneless chicken for this recipe?
Boneless chicken thighs or breast have been used in this dish because they are easy to cut into smaller pieces while the ones with bones may give you a hard time.
This quick recipe can be quickly followed to cook a mouth-watering spicy yet creamy pasta treat at home. Some people prefer to serve their creamy peri-peri pasta with an extra squeeze of lime (or lemon) juice to add to the flavor and taste of the pasta. The taste brought by the authentic flavor of the High on Chicken Peri-Peri sauce, the creamy pasta sauce, and the crispy brown chicken pieces make this dish a savoury and irresistible delight that everyone will crave. If you really likes spicy foods, then you can also add the High on Chicken fiery hot sauce which has the perfect combination of spices that will satisfy your spice taste buds.